Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I love fresh produce!


To me there is nothing better than a nice huge fresh salad for dinner. I have always been like that. I love my veggies raw but have never really liked them cooked. Beans, corn, carrots, peas, cabbage, broccoli, cabbage and yes even potatoes taste so much better to me raw than cooked! So I guess it just makes sense that I love a nice big salad with nothing but fresh veggies!

Last night was ice skating lessons which always make for too late of a night and the girls are always so tired by the time they get ready for bed. I knew dinner wasn't going to be anything really fancy. We had decided on steak and salad. We are still trying to work our way through the box of produce that we got over the weekend. The girls won't eat salad so we steamed up some broccoli for them. The salad was great. We used the sweet onions, fresh rip tomatoes, radishes, and some of the small tender garlic just nicely chopped.

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love a good salad too and that one looks great.
The chicken turned out great. I baked it and then broiled it a little while to crisp it up. Even my husband, who is suspious of new things, liked it. Thanks for the recipe.

Thistlemoon said...

Sometimes salad is just the best dinner. That reminds me I have some great red leaf lettuce from the Farmer's Market - I need to use that up!